Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How to Make a Generator that Runs on Wood

When wood is heated it releases a few different types of flammable gases, I use a homemade gasifier to extract these gases out of the wood, I first run the gas through a condenser coil to condense any steam and tar out of the gas, I then use a bubble filter to catch that water and tar and it also helps in filtering out some of the unwanted smoke, next the gas runs through a homemade filter to remove the last of the unwanted byproducts, The wood gas then runs directly into the air intake on the 25cc engine.
This was only my first test. It seems the wood was a bit wet and I also didn't let the gasifier stay hot long enough, this caused the gas production to be very inconsistent and the engine to only run for a few minutes at a time.
I will do a second test at some point, subscribe so you don't miss it.
Thanks for watching :)


Post a Comment

0 Comments